Change your key without changing the lock. Did you know you can change the key that operates your home, business, or car without incurring the cost of purchasing a new lock? Lock rekeying is fast, easy, and can be done in our vans or our shop by a trained locksmith at a convenient time.
What Is Rekeying?
Lock rekeying (sometimes called “changing the locks”) is the process of giving your lock a new key combination, so only a new key can open it. Some experts recommend rekeying your locks every few years. However, there are specific instances when it is always a good idea to rekey your lock:
- If you have lost your key
- If too many others have had access to your key in the past
- When you have recently had a breakup, or someone has moved out.
- If you’re moving into a new home
- When your key has been in the hands of housekeeping or construction teams
- When a property owner no longer employs or wants to continue to provide access to their home or business to a key holder.
In these cases, the lock is still perfectly functional and doesn’t need replacement, which is more costly. We can change components of the lock, so that old keys no longer work. Then, we make keys for the rekeyed locks, and the service is complete.
Essentially, it is recommended that you consider lock rekeying any time the keys have spent time away from your control. Remember, it takes only 30 minutes for someone to make as many copies of your key as they want, and a “do not copy” warning rarely stops them. The more people who have had access to your key in the past, the more you should consider a rekeying service.
Rekey Lock Service
101 Locksmith is a full-service mobile locksmith business that provides rekey lock service as well as a complete line-up of locksmith services designed for commercial, residential, and auto customers. Our certified and insured locksmiths serve the city of Los Angeles, CA, and other surrounding communities. We pair old-fashioned customer service with the best practices our industry offers. You can rely on our professionalism and outstanding workmanship to fulfill all your locksmith needs.
101 Locksmith features highly-trained locksmiths who specialize in lock rekeying. We rekey house locks, deadbolts, knob locks, and can make keys for rekeyed locks. Our rates are affordable, and our technicians are dedicated to providing the best-quality service.
Benefits of Lock Rekeying
While replacing a lock may have its advantages, in most scenarios, lock rekeying will be the way to go. Some of the reasons why lock rekeying is such an advantageous option are because:
- It’s much cheaper than replacing a lock. Instead of purchasing new locks to replace the existing ones, all that’s required is to replace a few pins.
- You’ll get to keep your locks. Keeping your locks isn’t only beneficial because it’s a less expensive option – it’s also helpful because there’s a good chance that your locks match your property. Having to replace your locks brings up the possibility that there may not be any suitable replacements that match the style that you want for your property.
- You can have them configured in any way you want. If you’d like to make it so that all of the locks work with one of your existing keys, you can do that too. Lock rekeying will be able to give you added convenience.
Fast and Efficient
Although it may be called “changing the locks,” lock rekeying allows you to keep your lock and simply replace the code so that only you and authorized individuals have access to your home or business. At 101 Locksmith, we offer both scheduled and emergency lock rekeying services.
Our emergency services are available for those who need to change the locks quickly, due to someone having access to their keys that should no longer be allowed in the building. Our scheduled service allows us to come on your time, and make sure that the new key combination works and is in place. Contact 101 Locksmith today on (800) 480-3674 to get started.